Kamis, 02 Februari 2012

Bike Check: Kevin Kiraly

News of Kevin’s move from Verde to MacNeil just broke this week, but he’s been running his new MacNeil whip for a couple weeks. Click it, check it, and get some answers from Kev about the sponsor switch up…

Name: Kevin Lajos Kiraly
Age: 24
Height:
5’11
Weight:
170
Location:
Livermore, CA
Sponsors:
Macneil, Deadline


Frame: Macneil Borato, 21″
Fork: Macneil C.K.S
Bars: Macneil Tabarnak
Stem: Macneil Top Shelf
Grips: Duo
Headset: Macneil
Seatpost: Macneil
Seat: Macneil FAT CAP
Cranks: Macneil Consplined 2-piece
Sprocket: Macneil Light
Chain: Shadow
Front Tire:
Odyssey
Front Wheel: Macneil Primary
Rear Tire: Odyssey
Rear Wheel: Macneil primary cassette
Pedals: Duo
Pegs:
Macneil Light pegs


 
Modifications/Other/Extras: Cut bar to 27 3/4, grease everything, tighten everything

Which parts do you generally go through the most? Pedals, grips, chains and seats

Describe your bike setup and how you like your bike to feel… Solid, so it sounds like a basketball when you drop it.
How long did you ride for Verde for? For what reasons did you think it was best to move on? I rode for Verde for three years. For months I just started not being into Verde any more and there’s no point in being a part of a company that you’re not feeling.
The timing between your Verde online-section and your departure from the team is pretty odd considering how long you filmed for it. Any thoughts or regrets with that? No, not at all. I had a lot of good footage that I filmed over the course of being on Verde and they treated me good, so I wanted to give back and release it anyway, even though I had quit a week before we put it out.

MacNeil seems to making a huge push lately; did they hit you up about riding for them? No, not at all. When I thought about companies I wanted to ride for, I couldn’t picture myself on any really. But over the last few years I’ve been really into MacNeil’s art direction and image and thought I’d fit perfect with them. Plus, I was pretty much riding all Macneil products except frame, fork, and bars. So I just called them and told them I really wanted to ride for them and asked if they would want me and they said YES.
How has the new bike been treating you? Any talks of a future signature frame? Bike is amazing; I’m getting tricks back I have not done for a long time. And yes, I’m getting signature stuff…I’m really excited.
MacNeil has already signed the lease for a Long Beach, California, house…you going to be spending some time with the rest of the dudes? Yes, I’ll be in-between there and San Diego. I gotta wrap up my part for Deadline, so I’ll be heavy on that for the next few months.
Got any quick thanks or final thoughts about your time on Verde? Yeah, I don’t want people to be all salted over this. It was my decision and I don’t hate Cory, Steve or Will or anything like that. It’s just what I needed to do and don’t regret it at all, i’ll always heavily appreciate what those guys did for me, the places they sent me, and the opportunities and life experiences I gained from my time with Verde. Thanks for everything guys! Hope you continue killing it!


http://bmx.transworld.net/1000146895/features/bike-check-kevin-kiraly/
http://www.macneilbmx.com/blog/2012/01/kevin-kiraly-bike-check/